Hearty Beef & Barley Soup
We just got yet another dump of snow today so it had me getting all the winter time comfort food!
In our house we LOVE a hearty beef soup plus it a great way to make sure the kids get their veggies!
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 large onion
- 3 cups water/bone broth
- 1 cup barley & lentil mix
- bell pepper
- Pepper to season
*optional veggies: corn, peas, broccoli, cabbage
- brown ground beef and onion in pot.
- once cooked add remaining ingredients and let simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Other option is to let cook on low in the slow cooker all day.
Serve with homemade biscuits, fresh buns or cheese toast!
- Brown ground beef and onion